So, one of the few crappy things about Wizard World Chicago last year was that I ran into the When Fangirls Attack ladies (repeatedly) without realizing precisely who they were, and gushing at them about how awesome their blogs are. To avoid that problem this year, I'm putting the bulletin out to the whole comics blogohedron: post here (or on your own page, or both) if you're going to Rosemont this year to engage in the Midwest's finest summer nerdathon.
I'll be there, working the Stand-Up Comics booth with some of the best guys in comics retail. Of course, I'll spend some time on the floor and in signing lines too, but I should be hovering about the Stand-Up booth for the majority of time. After all, this year I have far, far less disposable income. Drop by, say hi, and maybe pick up a Strong Bad DVD set or something.
I have three goals for the weekend:
1. Find Avengers/Power Pack #3, which I somehow missed or lost.
2. Buy oodles of trades.
3. Meet Will Pfeifer and tell him how awesome he is.
So, how about you?
For those looking for Tom, the booth he speaks of is #1535... as he said, feel free to stop by and pick up some stuff. :)
Ah, but more to the point of the post... my goals for con weekend:
1) get Arthur Suydam to sketch me a zombified version of the cover to New Avengers/Transformers #1 (turning Optimus Prime into a zombie or not will be his choice). If anyone steals this idea, I will destroy you!
2) have a blast on the store's dime... which is still partially my dime... but it feels better.
3) make way more money than last year! We have one comic that, if sold, will cover the cost of the table... anyone in the market for a VF copy of the silver age Hawkman #1?
Post a Comment