But early on I noticed the fundamental unfairness that Batman gets his own category under "Literature" and Superman doesn't. So I submitted fifteen sample questions for a Superman category, and they seem to have gone over pretty well. A content editor at QuizUp sent me back their guidelines for submissions, and I've been working on expanding that list. I've got my Superman Encyclopedia, my Official Superman Quiz Book, and The Chronological Superman open as references and inspiration right now, not to mention years and years of sponging up this information instead of something useful.
So here's where you can come in (it's okay, the content editor said I could enlist friends!): submissions usually consist of 100-300 questions, and I'd like to be on the high end of that. I know I could probably break the bank just on minutiae from the post-Crisis-pre-Flashpoint era, but I want to have some variety and some other super-brains involved. So if you're a Superman enthusiast, feel free to toss over some questions, fun facts, or other bits of content and/or inspiration that you think could be helpful. There's no deadline, but I'd like to submit within two or three weeks. There's also no apparent difficulty limit (though after playing through one too many "who said this random line" questions in the "Star Wars OT" category, maybe there should be), and I figure the softball questions will be the easy ones anyway. So get obscure with your bad self and let your multicolored freak flag fly.
In terms of question content, here's the scoop:
- Questions are multiple choice, with three incorrect answers and one correct answer.
- I'll be submitting everything on their Excel template. You don't need to worry much about formatting, but if you do send stuff in Excel/table form, lovely.
- Questions can't be longer than 130 characters, including spaces. Answer options can't be longer than 30 characters, including spaces.
- All answer choices should start with an uppercase letter.
- Try to avoid questions that involve choosing the one answer that's incorrect. If you do one of these, make sure "NOT" is in all-caps. For instance, I have "Which of these has NOT been a location for Superman's Fortress of Solitude?"
- Any titles within questions should have double quotation marks (") around them. Titles in answer choices don't need any special punctuation.
I've already contacted some Superman Superfans of my acquaintance, but if you know someone I missed, feel free to direct them this way. You can leave stuff in the comments here, or e-mail me at tfoss1983 [at] gmail.
Oh, and if you want to challenge me on QuizUp, my username is tfoss1983, but the display name is Tom-El. Friends are very welcome!
Oooh! I can do this!
Q. Does Superman ever kill?
A. I don't want to talk about it.
Q. What colour are Superman's briefs?
A. No really, just leave it alone.
Q. Where does Clark Kent work?
A. You're doing this deliberately, aren't you!
Q. Who is Superman's girlfriend?
A. I hate you! Go away!
Eric's questions are hilarious, but I'll try to contribute. Not that I consider myself that much of an expert.
Post a Comment